Hi friends - it's Arijaan. . .and I'm ready to get the ball rolling by sharing a yummy dinner idea that I made this evening! I found the chicken recipe below on someone else's blog and it actually was the reason why I started to think more about starting a blog like this. So we'll start off with that recipe and then I'll share the sides I made to go with it!
Honey Curry Baked Chicken
3 lb. chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
1 stick butter
1/2 cup honey
2 T. prepared mustard
1 t. salt
1 - 2 T. curry powder
Place chicken in baking dish. Melt butter and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake for 1 1/4 hours at 350 degrees.
I went ahead and made it with 2 Tbsp. of the curry powder. . .go big or go home, right?! I'm glad that I did - it made the dish very flavorful. A tip that I found helpful for cutting the raw chicken was to cut it while it was still slightly frozen, it just made it so much easier to cut into the bite-size pieces! I don't agree with the baking time because it turned out just a little dry, next time I'll begin checking it around 45min to and hour to see if it's done. But, there definitely will be a next time - it was so easy and yummy.
For a side dish I simply prepared some brown rice on the stove and then right before it was finished I tossed in a handful of craisins. After the rest of the liquid had simmered away I took the pan off the stove and added a handful of chopped walnuts and a tablespoon or two of apricot jam. After mixing it all together it was ready to serve - I found that this paired really nicely with the Curry dish and made it a little more fancy as well.
I also steamed some fresh asparagus that I picked up at the farmers market on Thursday. At 4 dollars for a bushel (probably not the right word to use :) it felt like a splurge but it was time to mix up my veggie intake so I'd say it was worth it.
This is fun! Now the hard part for me will be to remember taking pictures of the process and/or the finished product. . .hopefully next time! What about you? What's a new dinner menu that you have tried recently or that you frequently make because it's just that good?!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment