Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fresh Fruit Smoothies

I just updated my personal blog about some of the things I'm enjoying while home. . .the fruit smoothie I made for my mom and myself today is on the list! So simple, so healthy, so delicious:

- ripe fruit (I used 1 banana, 2 white nectarines, and a handful of strawberries)
- a scoop of yogurt (I used my dad's homemade european style yogurt, they sell something super similar at Trader Joe's. . .takes some getting used to because it's rather tart - I like it!)
- a spoonful of frozen orange juice concentrate
- sweetener if you wish (I used raspberry syrup but you can also use honey or sugar. . .or just rely on the natural sugars in the fruit!)
- a handful of ice cubes

blend until smooth and enjoy! this made more then enough for two people so i just popped the whole blender jar part (whatever that's called!) in the fridge for a yummy, quick snack later - and how tasty it'll be to finish it off at breakfast. Yum-o!! :)

No comments: