Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Slimy Chicken Wings

So my camera's battery is dead and I can't find the charger, so no pictures. Sorry. But this is one of my favorite dishes my mom made growing up. I made it tonight and it's super easy!

Shopping list (I bought everything on this list for less than $20):
  • Chicken wings (I got the the non frozen ones from the fresh meat section, if you get frozen ones, thaw them)
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Onion
  • Mushrooms
  • Water Chestnuts
  • Bamboo Shoots
  • Teriyaki sauce
  • Rice
In a big pot, heat up a little oil and quickly fry the chicken wings. When the skin is slightly fried, add a little teriyaki sauce so they don't start sticking. Cut up all the vegetables (I use a lot of veggies - the amount completely depends on personal preference) and add them. For the canned items, dump the entire thing in - you can drain them, but you don't have to. Add more teriyaki sauce (I think I added about a cup total). Add water until just before everything is covered. Bring to a boil, cover, let simmer for 45-50 minutes. It will be done when the chicken meat falls off the bone.) Serve over rice.

The number of servings completely depends on how much you make. The amounts are all based on personal preference. My $20 worth of food made 6+ good size servings (and next time I won't have to buy teriyaki sauce or rice). And it's great as leftovers, I'll be eating it all week!

No comments: