Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Easy Herb Baked Chicken

Long time, no post, so I decided to tell you about my dinner! It's a super easy, super tasty chicken recipe that I found online:

1/3 cup biscuit mix
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1-2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine first 9 ingredients (biscuit mix through pepper). Then add enough applesauce to make a thick batter. Coat chicken pieces with the batter and place in a greased casserole dish. Bake 20-25 minutes, until browned and juices run clear.

The recipe seems very adjustable, depending on your tastes and what you have available. It'd probably be good with fresh herbs too :) I ate it with brown rice and broccoli for a quick meal, yum!

1 comment:

Arijaan Bulk said...

sounds yummy. . .and interesting with the applesauce! i hope it'll still taste okay without the cheese. :( thanks friend!