Sunday, May 11, 2008

Amazing Chocolate Sauce!

Hi friends - it has been too long, sorry! :)

I have this recipe for an amazing homemade chocolate sauce. . .you'll NEVER buy chocolate sauce at the store again. I love having friends over and ice cream sundaes are often a big hit, especially when this is one of the toppings. It makes quite a lot but stores nicely in the fridge, just microwave for a few seconds to bring it back to life. This recipe comes from Scott Morton, a friend from Grace Church and a dentist in town. . .this means that this recipe won't cause cavities. :) Yum-o, I hope you get to make this and enjoy it with friends soon!

4 tbsp. butter
¼ cup Karo syrup
7 tbsp. unsweetened Hershey cocoa
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 ½ cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
2 tsp. vanilla

*Melt butter in a sauce pan, stir in Karo syrup.
*Add cocoa and oil (be careful not to burn).
*Gradually add sugar and milk stirring constantly; bring to light boil, add vanilla.
*Serve over vanilla ice cream with chopped pecans (will thicken as it cools. . .)

No comments: