
I re-discovered my love for granola this summer, so I've been trying out some recipes. I love making my own compared to buying it at the store because it's cheaper and I can put whatever I want into it, it's really adaptable to your preferences... Here's a basic recipe that I like:
4 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups whole-grain cereal (I used Kashi Heart to Heart)
1/2 cup oat bran
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 1/4 cup fruit juice (I used orange)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dried blueberries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, boil juice until reduced to 2/3 cup. Remove from heat and add honey. Combine juice mixture with oat mixture and spread onto a jelly roll pan (or any large pan with sides) that's coated with cooking spray. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly and stir in blueberries. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment